Key areas for Operational Excellence Transformation
Operational Excellence Transformation is Yokogawa and KBC’s co-innovated portfolio of solutions and services.We provide comprehensive solutions for business automation in all four areas using consulting and digital technology.
Asset Operations and Optimization
Asset Operation and Optimization deals with realizing the potential of physical assets by pushing throughput and maximizing the production of the highest-value products, while minimizing variable costs, such as energy. It ensures small and large capital expenditure projects are delivered on time and on budget, to achieve growth and meet environmental requirements. Through these competencies, it will be possible for companies to take full advantage of their physical assets. Yokogawa’s Asset Operation and Optimization solution leverages industry-leading technology to generate precise operating information to increase operator insight, ultimately leading to improved performance and profitability.
Key Operational Competencies in Asset Operations and Optimization
- Asset Strategy: Define the requirements of plant capacity, operability and production to align with corporate strategy.
- Asset Improvement: Improve plant profitability by expanding plant operating window and/or adding/modifying plants
- Asset Optimization: Optimize the plant by enabling shift teams to execute activities as per plan and within operating window boundaries
- Asset Operations and Process Control: Operate the plant by enabling shift teams to implement plans effectively and manage abnormal situations
- Capital Projects Delivery: Screen options, engineer and deliver capital projects that are cost-effective, timely and fit for purpose
With our track record of providing project execution and thorough lifecycle services and KBC consulting, our customers can obtain practical and deep insights on maximizing their physical assets. Together, we aim to contribute and actualize improvements not only for profitability, but also for overall safety, operability and reliability.
·Supply Chain Optimization
- Optimize management of supply, whether oil in the ground or feedstocks for a refinery or chemical asset, in light of product market demands. This provides operators with the agility to take full advantage of market conditions.
·Operational Risk Management
- Reliably control safety, health and environmental risk at a personal and process level. This assures the robustness required to avoid catastrophic losses.
·Asset Management and Integrity
- Confidently ensure asset reliability and availability, whilst controlling maintenance costs. This assures the asset always meets expectations and is always available to capitalize on short term market opportunities.
Energy Performance Analytics to meet ISO50001
Implementing EP-Analytics will enable you to meet your ISO50001 requirements.
From there you can use this info to identify energy reduction opportunities. this is basically the reason why ISO50001 is becoming important, because governments are forcing this requirement, in meeting the standard they will see where they can save money and by implementing the improvements the company will reduce emissions and the govt will be able to meet their Kyoto protocol
ISO50001 International Standard based Energy Management
ISO50001 International Standard specifies energy management system (EnMS) requirements. Based on ISO50001, an organization can develop and implement an energy policy and establish objectives, targets and action plans. The key point is to drive both management PDCA and operational PDCA.
EP-Analytics provides capabilities to assist meeting ISO based Energy Management requirements
Expandable Solution from Visualization to Optimization
Some facilities want to start monitoring the energy performance of only a section of their plant with a small investment. Afterward, they can expand the monitoring to the rest of the site and/or optimize the energy cost for the entire site. The “Start Small, Win Big” approach reduces your risk on your investment.
Since EP-Analytics calculation model utilizes the common platform with Visual MESA EM-RTO (Real Time Optimization) , EP-Analytics can be upgraded to Visual MESA EM-RTO.
- Assist ISO50001 based energy management
- Perform accurate energy calculation by Visual MESA EP-Analytics model
- Provides suitable Dashboard for each user
- Detects abnormality and notifies users with alarms and emails
- Assist resolving abnormalities quickly by providing drill down capabilities
Energy Dashboard shows energy data in various forms of Web parts such as various types of charts, gauge, table and graphical image. EP-Analytics provides a suitable Energy Dashboard for several types of users to meet their energy management purpose.
Visual MESA EP-Analytics Model
EP-Analytics is powered by a model based calculation engine which is Soteica rigorous energy calculation software based on the Visual MESA™. It calculates EnPIs (Energy Performance Indicators), mass balances and other energy related data, and has capabilities of Data Validation, Energy Balance and Mass Balance. Sensor data is validated by comparing data with the maximum and minimum limits. Energy balance is calculated based on the energy consumption within boundaries such as each plant or equipment. Mass balance is calculated based on balance error of energy sources such as steam, electricity and fuel.
When an EnPI value exceeds the limit, an e-mail is sent to notify the alarm. Conditions of alarm limit are High, HH(HighHigh), Low, LL(LowLow) and deviation from a target value. Alarms are logged to an internal database and can be shown on a screen by alarm list.
Drill down is used to pursue the abnormality when an alarm comes out. By clicking a bar or a line in a column or line chart, a lower layer chart linked to the bar is displayed. By clicking a hot spot or a value label in a graphical screen, a lower layer graphical screen is displayed.
Looking for more information on our people, technology and solutions?